Think about how often you turn to Google or any other search engine to find any information that you may need. Your customers’ are no different when they are searching for products (goods or services) that can help them solve their ‘biggest’ problems.
Consumers are researching and buying more products online. According to Forbes, 82% consumers research online; while Tech Crunch reports that 79% of people shop online. Why? This is because the benefits of Digital Marketing are becoming more prevalent day by day.
Digital Marketing means using technology e.g. website, mobile devices and social media to help you reach your customer base, create awareness of your brand and sell your products. The above technologies can be used cheaply and effectively, whatever the size of your company or business model.
Digital Marketing only calls for the right strategies and effective implementation and thus, small businesses can increase their reach and conversions in just a matter of months.
The basics of marketing remain the same; creating a strategy to deliver the right message and content to the right people. This strategy should be flexible enough.
Digital Marketing is the most sustainable means of marketing and advertising as it helps a firm to spread beyond brand awareness and hard-core advertising; thereby, giving access to the mass market at a cost effective price, create a brand loyalty and in return driving your online sales after effectively and efficiently reaching your target audience.
Benefits of digital marketing and why it’s a ‘must have’ for every business today
Digital Marketing helps a company to boost its brand’s reputation. Do you know how Google works?
Well, the algorithm used by Google considers several signals for determining the most appropriate web pages for a search query. One of the signals is the relevance of the topic. “How do they achieve this?” you may ask.
The search engine determines the relevance of the topic through repetition. For this reason, Google favors content that has got thousands of articles that have been published on the subject.
In our experience with Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimization(SEO) emerged as the most powerful tool in Marketing. SEO is deemed labour intensive but it is worth investing in as it is crucial for brand and reputation management. It also helps to build and rebuild the search landscape.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
According to Vimeo, 93% of online experiences start with the Search Engine. Before consumers even know what product they need, they are going to the search engine to look for answers to their questions and to learn more about their challenges. This therefore presents a great opportunity for small businesses to connect with potential customers!
By creating relevant and engaging content that is optimised for SE , you can improve your visibility online and reach customers when it matters most.
A proactive approach on SEO and Digital Marketing helps one to not only attract more clients but to also clear any mess created during storms; thereby enhancing management reputation.
By optimising your site content and using relevant key words SEO helps you describe your products and to create a strategic position; thus maximising the traffic to your site from your target audience. What is its importance anyway?
Believe it or not, the higher the traffic, the higher the chances of increasing your conversions over time. This is equals to online sales revenue growth.
SEO Digital Marketing is the only marketing strategy that is offers track able, measurable results. This is achieved through web analytics and other online metric tools. With this, you can obtain detailed information on how customers are responding to your website content and the response of your adverts.
Interlinking your website and Social media accounts
Social media helps target ideal buyers. They are met through sponsored ads where we consider PPC model(Pay per Click); display and more importantly reach people who are most likely interested in your products based on demographic information and general characteristics.
- The rise and deployment of sponsored articles helps a firm to generate content related to its brand. This strategy helps create a perception about a brand in the subconscious state of mind of any potential client.
- It is important to keep your social media account well set-up and active in order for it to send the right signals to Google. A further link between your website, homepage and blogs will promote the best online content that you will have developed.
- Social media marketing helps one to achieve:-
- Personalisation-customers who visit your website through the social platforms are greeted with customised offers
- Openness-if you manage your accounts carefully, you will build your customers’ loyalty and in return create a good reputation
- Social currency-this is promoted when rich media content is shared from one user to another thus becoming viral
- Social media helps you reach your target group, communicate directly with your clients and to engage with them one-on-one. This helps you to gain valuable insight into your brand.
- To improve visibility and to build high quality backlinks –it is important to take note of some great mentions of your company during any Digital Marketing platform, identify the mentions that should rank higher on the SERPs and share the articles on your social media channels.
- Improved conversion rates (online sales). If you have a website, then your customers are only a few clicks away from completing a purchase; unlike on traditional platforms where they are required to make phone calls or visit your store. With digital platforms, this is seamless and immediate.
Other Benefits of digital marketing
- Gives you a global reach at just a small fee
- Reduces high rates of employee turnover and any stagnation that could arise due to absenteeism and poor/improper training, monitoring and evaluation
- Saves on operation and administration costs
How can you take advantage of the benefits of digital marketing?
By now, it is clear to you that Digital Marketing is the best way to reach your customers wherever they are, whenever they need you the most and or when they are searching for brands just like yours.
But how do I get started?
It is important to have a sound Digital Marketing strategy before you jump into content creating and distributing.
First, it is important to consider your overall goals and create a Digital Marketing goal that aligns with those objectives.
Create customer avatars, determine which Digital Marketing strategies you’ll use and develop a plan for implementation and measurement.
If you need help developing a strategy/creating content, the Digital Marketing Experts at Webcom Kenya are here to help.
Our team will enable your business to take advantage of the many benefits of Digital Marketing by providing a variety of effective services such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click management and Social media management.
Webcom Kenya markets for you and consequently trains you and or your personnel on the Digital Marketing Platform.
Jumpstart your Digital Marketing efforts by giving us a call