Use WEBCOMKE Coupon Code to Get 25% Discount On All Hosting Packages
SSL (secure socket layer) its a certificate that verifies the identity of a website and enables an encrypted connection. SSL it’s a security protocol that creates an encrypted link between the web server and the web browser.
HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure): It is an acronym that refers to a website which is secured by an SSL certificate.
Use of an SSL certificate
- Secures website online transaction in addition it keeps client’s information secure.
- Keeps user data secure
- Verifies server identity
- Prevents attacks from attackers creating a fake version of the site.
Properties of a site that has an SSL certificate
- If the URL starts with HTTPS, therefore it means the site is secure.
- Sites which are secured, have a closed padlock emblem, as a result one can click to see security details.
- Browsers also show warning signs when connection is not secure.
How an SSL certificate works.
Ensures that data transferred between the user and the website remains unreadable. It uses encryption algorithm to scramble data in transit as a result it prevents unauthorized user from accessing it.
- The server attempts to connect to a secured website.
- A browser sends a request to the web server to identify itself.
- The browser confirms to see whether it trusts the site.
- The web server returns a digitally signed acknowledgement to the web server so as to start an SSL encrypted session.
- Sharing of encrypted data is between the browser and web server.
- Security: The main aim of an SSL certificate is to encrypt information so that it is accessible to authorized users only.
- Reliability: Provides verification and authentication to a website as a result it identifies verification is among the important aspects which web SEO is concerned.
- Protects from phishing and other attacks.
- Boost website SEO ranking: Implementing use of SSL certificate on the website makes the site secure therefore the browser shows trust indicator on the address bar.