How to Install WordPress on cPanel
HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS ON CPANEL
1.Download WordPress, Download the zip file, and save it to your computer.
2. Login to the cPanel, use the URL that was provided i.e. yourdomainname.co.ke/cPanel, then enter the cPanel login details to access the cPanel
3. On the cPanel search for file manager, click on ‘File Manager’
4. On the new window, Look for the public_html directory. The public_html directory is your web root, the directory in which you want to store all your website files. Click on ‘public_html’
5. On the new window select ‘upload’ on the toolbar, to upload WordPress
6. Browse for the WordPress file you had downloaded on your computer and upload. Once the WordPress ZIP file has finished uploading, return to the directory by clicking the “← Go Back to
7. On the public_html you will now see the wordpress.zip file. Click on this file to select it and then from the cPanel tool bar at the top, click ‘extract’/ you can right click on the wordpress.zip file and click ‘extract’
8. The extraction is done, you can now delete the WordPress.ZIP file
9. Double click on the extracted “WordPress folder” and all the WordPress files will open. On the toolbar, click on ‘Select All’ to highlight all the WordPress files.
10. On the tool bar click on ‘Move’ to move files from the WordPress folder to public_html which is the directory root.
11.Edit the path from/public_html/WordPress to /public_html and click ‘Move Files’.
12. All files have been moved to your public_html the root directory
13. Go back to the cPanel to create the database. On the cPanel search ‘Database’ Select’ MySQL Database Wizard’
14. On the new window create the database then click ‘Next’, save the database name for it will be required in another step
15. On the new window, create the database user. You can use the provided “Password Generator” or you can manually enter a password of your choice. Keep the database user name and password for it will be required in another step.
Note when use password generation, copy the password
16. On the new window you will be prompted to assign privileges, check on the ‘All privileges ‘check box, then click ‘Next’
17. Your database is now set up.
18. Run the WordPress installation, Go to your web browser type your domain name for instance yourdomainname.com, Select English and click ‘Next’
19. Click on Proceed
20. On the new window you will be prompted to enter database details, the database name, database username and the password that you had saved while creating the database. Then click ‘submit’
21. On the new window you will be prompted to enter all of the website’s credentials, such as the site title, your username and your password and email address.
Note: The username and Password you will be using to access the WordPress admin section.
22. You have now finished the installation. You will be asked to log in to your new site, and you can now begin to build your website.