Howdy! How can we help you?
How to allow remote connections to a MySQL database
To allow remote connections to a MySQL database via the Standard Query Language (SQL) on cPanel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Scroll down to the Databases section and click on the “Remote MySQL” option.
- Enter the IP address of the computer or server that you want to allow remote access to the database from in the “Add Access Host” section.
- Click the “Add Host” button to save the new access host.
- You should see a message saying “Access Host added” if the IP address was added successfully.