How to Import Your Database through the Cpanel
HOW TO IMPORT YOUR DATABASE THROUGH THE CPANEL
1. Login to the cPanel, use the URL that was provided i.e. yourdomainname.co.ke/cPanel, then enter the cPanel login details to access the cPanel.
2. On the cPanel search for ‘Database’ then select ‘MySQL Database Wizard’.
3. On the new window create the database.
4. On the new window, create the database user. You can use the provided “Password Generator” or you can manually enter a password of your choice. Keep the database user name and password for you might require it.
5. On the new window you will be prompted to assign privileges, check on the ‘All privileges ‘check box, then click ‘Next’. And on the new window it will confirm the database has been successfully created.
6. Go back to the cpanel and search ‘PHP’, select on ‘phpMyAdmin’.
7. On the new window select the database that you created then click on ‘import’ option to import you’re your database.
8. On the new tab, click on the option ‘choose file’ to upload the database, once you choose your database that you want to import then scroll down and click ‘Go’, once the database has been imported successfully you will receive a confirmation pop-up message.