DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION
Domain registration is the reservation of a domain name on the internet for a certain period of time,as a result, this process identifies one or more IP addresses ,with an easier name to remember. Therefore, it uses URLs to identify particular webpages.
Domain Name is a website name through which the user can access the website through the internet ,also Domain name is viewed as the internet address for a domain name.
It is considered as a combination of letters as well as, numbers therefore, it is linked with a combination of domain name extensions such as (.com, .co.ke, .org).
For a domain name to be used it must first be successfully registered.
PURPOSE OF REGISTERING A DOMAIN
- Builds credibility
- Brand awareness
- Search Engine positioning
- Establishment of a unique Identity.
- Building credibility.
- Improves Search Engine ranking as well as,visibility.
- Create Brand Awareness.
- Accessible from anywhere at any given time.
Features to consider when choosing a domain name
- Select the Right Domain Name Extensions (.com, .org, .net)
According to research .com extension is the easiest to remember because, it’s the most used extension. Consider a good domain extension for your website.
- Consider selecting a Unique Domain Name
Unique Domain Name builds credibility, brand awareness as well as ,search engine positioning.
Things to consider to create a unique name:
- Creating new words
- Using existing words
- Using domain name generators
Create a Domain Name using keywords that reflect the website.
It is preferable to select a domain name in consideration to the website because, the domain name should be a reflection of the website, as a result, It should match the website therefore, using keywords is advantageous as it assists in ranking.
- Check if the potential Domain Name is Available for registration therefore, if it is available for registration ,consider looking for a good registrar for your domain.