How to configure Emails on outlook
- Open Outlook 2016 or 2019 from your start menu
- On the top left, click the File tab
- Click the “File” tab. In the “Info” section, click the “+ Add Account” button.
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types”. This will allow you to enter any email account.
- Select “POP or IMAP”. This will enable you to enter a web-based email account.
- Enter your email account information. Enter your name as well as your email address in the top section. In the Logon Information section, enter your account User Name (usually the same as your email address) as well as the password you use to access the account.
- Enter your mail server information. In the Server Information section, enter in the information for your mail service. Select “IMAP” from the Account Type drop-down menu. Below is information for some of the more popular mail services
- Click the .More Settings… button. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”. This setting is the same for nearly all email services.
- Click the .Advanced tab. These settings are usually correct, but you’ll want to verify them using the table below: Recommended — Incoming IMAP secure
- IMAP | Port 993 (Secure Transport — SSL function enabled)
- POP3 | Port 995 (Secure Transport — SSL function enabled)
- IMAP | Port 143 (Insecure Transport — No SSL function enabled)
- POP3 | Port 110 (Insecure Transport — No SSL function enabled)Recommended outgoing ports
- SMTP | Port 465 (Secure Transport — SSL function enabled)
- SMTP | Port 587 (Insecure Transport, but can be upgraded to a secure connection using STARTTLS)
- Click .Next > after entering all of your account settings. Outlook will begin testing your settings to ensure that it can connect to the server to send and receive messages.
- Wait for your messages to sync. Once you’ve connected your email account, your messages and folders will begin syncing with Outlook. Depending on how many messages you have, this may take a few moments. You can monitor the process from the status bar at the bottom of the window.