A lot has changed in the world of search engine optimization.However, certain fundamental principles remain unchanged.For example, targeting keywords with the sole intent of improving organic rankingsno longer works with search engines, but keywords are still essential.
Beyond getting SEO juice, keywords reveal a lot more about users and what they’re struggling with.With so many SEO techniques, it’s become almost impossible to determine which ones to stick to and which you can safely ignore.
Is link building a thing of the past? Should you devote your time and energy to on-page SEO? How can you write a title tag to drive your rankings with search engines? Where do SEO and social media intersect?
And, seriously, what are the truly best SEO tips that’ll lead to results? Both B2B and B2C marketers want more search leads, because they carry a 8.5X higher chance of conversion than an outbound lead.
We want to show you the 10 most important SEO tips that you need to know right now.
- Remove anything that slows down your site.
- Link to other websites with relevant content.
- Write for humans first, search engines second.
- Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you.
- Have web analytics in place at the start.
- Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.
- Use readable and meaningful URLs only.
- Build momentum with social signals.
- Use the right keywords in your images.
- Create & publish unique content consistently to improve your rankings.